Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Gregg Gordon - Gigart


I learned a little bit about a great music poster illustrator named Gregg Gordon on the Runaway Dinosaur blog.

Gregg has founded Gigart in 1996 and since that time has been illustrating and designing music related materials for an impressive list of record companies and bands.

This week I'm featuring a poster that Gregg illustrated for one of his favorite bands, "Ween." Here's a quote from Gregg that I pulled from his interview with Runaway Dinosaur:
"The latest concert posters I created are for Ween. I have been a huge fan of Ween forever and always wanted to design a poster for them. I got that chance back in 2003. I did a poster for Ween for the Canopy Club show in Urbana, IL. I went all out and tried to illustrate as many references to their lyrics as I could. That poster was the very first silk screened poster I had ever done, and it couldn’t have been for a better band."
You can view more of Gregg's work on his website.

No comments: