Thursday, June 7, 2007

Gospel Music





Here is my personal cd project I did about a year and a half ago. I have sold nearly two thousand cd's without any real marketing. Only selling to a few churches that are connected to my home church through it's various ministries.

The artwork came about by drawing over some pictures that I had taken of myself and scanning in those scraps . Then I built the design around those pieces, painting with various brushes and using textures to add design elements to portray the feeling I was after.

Overall it was a great and fun project. From the recording of the music and seeing all of the in's and out's of how a studio works. Adding in orchestration and background singers. To the design and layout. Experimenting with textures and brushes.

1 comment:

Randy Hill said...

Very cool, organic feel to this project. I really like the mood and vibe that I get off of this. Great job!